I’m cranky tonight.
There, I said it.
Cranky McCrankerpants. Crankopotamus. Queen Crank-a-lot. Yep, that’s me.
You know it’s bad when your 12 year old tells you before bed, sincerely, “Mom, I hope you have a better day tomorrow.” Then pauses and laughs, “Because when Mama’s in a bad mood, everyone’s in a bad mood!”
Thank you so much for stepping on my toes tonight, son. I know I needed to hear the truth, but…Ouch.
Anyway, it’s Top Ten Tuesday time again and I’m pondering a few things I don’t understand:
1. How is it that I’m feeling so darn PMS-y when I’m still breastfeeding and doubt that Mother Nature is bringing me a present anytime soon? I mean, can’t we poor women get a break from PMS if we aren’t having the “M” part? Or can that “pre” part be terminal, as in, lasting ages before the “M” returns? (My apologies to any men who might read my blog.)
2. Why did my overly-tired baby scream and cry for an hour before finally giving in to sleep tonight? Fighting sleep MAKES NO SENSE. At all. I would pay big bucks for one solid uninterrupted night of sleep, alone in a big bed, with no one to bother me.
3. Where do the days go? I mean, seriously, where? Why does life pass by so much more quickly with every passing year?
4. Why is my ice maker suddenly making hollow ice cubes?
5. Why can’t narcissists see how self-centered they are?
6. How can two boys take one bathroom from clean to filthy in less than one day? Do they not aim? Have they not heard of putting the toothpaste ON the brush instead of on the counter top and in the sink?
7. Why have I been having strange dreams about dirty public bathrooms and babies with bad teeth? (Yes, in the same dream. Bizarre.)
8. Why will my 8 year old eat a cheeseburger, but won’t eat hamburger meat in other forms? (Such as in spaghetti sauce, on tacos or pizza, etc.)
9. Whatever happened to customer service? Why do most employees in the service industry act as though they hate people when they should be glad to have a job in this economy?
10. Why am I still up blogging when I should be asleep, in case Jonah has another “Jack-in-the-Box” up-and-down night planned for us?
For more, and probably much less grumpy, Top Ten Tuesday posts, click here!