It’s the Saturday Nine — on a Sunday!
Because my website could be renamed: “Kari: An Hour Late and a Dollar Short.”
1. St. Patrick’s Day is March 17th (Thursday). Do you celebrate and wear green? Drink Green Beer? Ignore it?
We wear green and try to eat green foods. Green pancakes are a favorite for breakfast. We study in our lessons about who St. Patrick was and what he did. We talk about our family’s British heritage. Never had a glass of green beer, but wouldn’t mind trying it.
2. If a leprechaun told you that you could have any amount of money from his pot of gold but it had to be a specified amount for a specified item, how much would you ask for and what would it be for?
I’d ask for 50K for a new vehicle. Something that seats 7, but isn’t a minivan, and has all the bells and whistles imaginable.
3. One of the symbols of St. Patrick’s Day is the leprechaun. Name a celebrity that you think would look good as a leprechaun. Name a celebrity that would look ridiculous as a leprechaun. Is there any one celebrity that would make a really scary leprechaun?
Casey Abrams on American Idol would make an awesome leprechaun. Shaquille O’Neal would be a ridiculous leprechaun. Anthony Hopkins would make a truly terrifying little elf man.
4. For a prize of $1,000,000,000 you are challenged to make yourself a costume for a St. Patricks Day party. The ONLY rules are that you aren’t allow to use clothing and it has to be green. Using anything other than clothing, describe your costume to us using ANYTHING else in the house.
I’d wrap myself in green duct tape and be a blade of grass.
5. What day of the week is your busiest? Tell us about your schedule.
All weekdays are pretty busy. I guess Mondays? We have to get up early for homeschool co-op classes, and I wrangle the baby while the older two take art, PE and life skills. Then we come home, have lunch, then start our bookwork before I put the baby down for his nap. Then we finish up the work, then it’s time to make dinner and do other stuff around the house. After dinner, I sit down at the computer to write. Then it’s time to get the kids in bed, which is a long process. Then it’s back to the computer til well after midnight.
6. No matter what’s going on in your life, what always makes you smile?
Hugs, kisses and “I love you’s” from my boys.
7. Of all the clothes you own, what do you feel most comfortable wearing, and why?
Flannel pants and a big, floppy old gray maternity t-shirt. For obvious reasons!
8. On what television show—either past or present—would you like to make to make a guest appearance, and what role would you play?
I’d like to be on the Andy Griffith Show…in the black-and-white days, before Barney left. I’d be Aunt Bee’s cohort in the kitchen.
9. What else is on your mind? Go ahead and rant.
Already ranted about this on Facebook, but I’m irritated by my inconsiderate neighbors burning yard trash today when it’s SO nice out! I can’t open my windows and it makes me mad that I can’t. It’s like being held captive on an elevator with someone who had chili for lunch, if you know what I’m saying…
Saturday Nines can be found here!