1. I know I’ve been kind of neglecting my blog this week. I’m sorry. I’ve been preoccupied with a freelance job, making money so that my kids can go to camp this summer and have homeschooling curricula for next year—which kinda, temporarily, trumps the blogging.
2. I want to sleep a solid eight hours at some point this weekend, if at all possible. (But I won’t hold my breath…)
3. This weather has been great for those insane individuals who like hot weather. Some countries have a Monsoon Season. I call summer my Grumpy Season. Consider yourself warned…and perhaps buy me a ticket to England. Or San Francisco.
4.The fact that I am in the mood to eat a substantial amount of totally unhealthy food for dinner tonight, that, my friends, is indeed a problem.
5. I’m really happy I have the ability to bravely remove a tick from my leg without jumping around, acting all hysterical and screaming like a little girl about how much I hate the great outdoors. Oh, wait…yeah, that was me acting like a fool this afternoon. My apologies to Jodi, Nancy, Kim and Amanda.
6. My oldest son told me today that I do too much, or something to that effect. Thought it was really quite nice of him, actually. Reassured me that he cares about his old Ma.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to not cooking dinner, tomorrow my plans include writer’s group, visiting with a friend,
leaving my middle child at his friend’s house the remainder of the weekend picking up my son after writer’s group, and decorating and delivering a Buzz Lightyear birthday cake and Sunday, I want to sleep…all day…because that sounds like heaven to me! It won’t happen, but I can dream…