I pretty much abhor summer weather.
I don’t mind the break from school, and swimming is fun. But other than that, I find summer one miserably hot and sweaty debt to pay for our beautiful Georgia spring and fall. And this June has already been particularly brutal, heat-wise. I don’t even want to know what July and August are going to be like if we’re already breaking 100-degree heat indices in June.
I know a lot of people adore the heat and can’t understand why I prefer winter cold to summer heat.
Well, let me give you ten good reasons why!
1. Winter: Take a warm shower and you feel fresh for 24 hours.
Summer: Take a cool shower and you’re sweating again before you can even towel off.
2. Winter: Cold air is invigorating! Being outside leaves you hopping and energetic!
Summer: Hot air presses down like a heavy, damp blanket. Crawling out from under it leaves you with all the energy and stamina of a limp noodle.
3. Winter: Low humidity means your hair remains attractive all day long.
Summer: High humidity zaps your hairstyle within minutes, melting straight hair limp and poofing curly heads beyond all recognition.
4. Winter: Long sleeves, turtlenecks, and jackets are cozy to layer on and help hide figure flaws.
Summer: Tank tops, bathing suits and shorts reveal stuff you wouldn’t even let your mama see, but it’s so hot, you stop caring.
5. Winter: Spend 30 minutes applying makeup. Still look beautiful 12 hours later.
Summer: Spend 30 minutes applying makeup while sitting in front of air conditioning. Arrive at work looking like this:
6. Winter: If you’re cold, you can layer on warmer clothes, turn up the heat, stand by the fire.
Summer: If you’re hot, there’s only so “nekkid” you can get. You live in constant fear of the power going out, taking your a/c and fans with it.
7. Winter: Blissfully free from boob sweat, heat rash and chafing.
Summer: There isn’t enough cornstarch in the world….
8. Winter: Getting into the car after shopping provides a welcome shelter from the wind.
Summer: Opening the car door is like entering a blazing furnace. Satan’s breath scorches your nostrils as you wait for the a/c to kick in.
9. Winter: Bake the bread! Roast the meat! Make the cookies!
Summer: Menu limited to cereal or salad because you can’t bear the thought of using the stove.
10. Winter: Ooh, cuddles! Hold me! Hug me! Love me!
Summer: I swear I will chop off your hand if you touch me again.
Would you add anything to my list?