1. I was working on Sunday’s column when I realized that doing a Friday Fill-In would be a fabulous way to avoid the torture of culling 100 words from my article at this very moment.
2. I went to the library earlier tonight, to escape the chaos that has been my life with kids today, and I left my books in the drop-off bin and walked out with just ONE novel for myself instead of the usual three-bags-full of Henry and Mudge, Hank the Cowdog, and assorted other kids’ titles.
3. Why does my poor son Zach get so gaggy/pukey with a sore throat and postnasal drip? I am almost certain he just caught the cold Eli’s had, but he hasn’t been able to keep anything down today.
4. Escaping for an hour of “me time” was in my thoughts today. And I did it when Donnie got home. Yay. And Chick-fil-a cooked our dinner, too.
5. One of my father’s favorite sayings was “Let’s get rolling!” And he always said it way, way too early in the morning.
6. What it’s like to perform a toilet-side fish funeral–I know that feeling! (Eli’s fish Mary/Molly died this morning. Poor kids. Two pets lost in two weeks. I’m thinking pet rocks need to make a comeback.)
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to making homemade pizza with my boys, provided that Zach’s over his nausea, tomorrow my plans include Zach’s softball game, if his health and the weather permits, and grocery shopping, regardless, and Sunday, I want to go to church and spend the rest of the day relaxing!